Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity & Efficiency Technology Committee
Honorable Robert P. Storch
DoD Office of Inspector General, Committee Chair
Rekha “Rashmi” Bartlett
U.S. International Trade Commission, Vice Chair
Note: Prior to the establishment of the CIGIE, this committee operated under the auspices of the "PCIE" (President's Council on Integrity & Efficiency) and the "ECIE" (Executive Council on Integrity & Efficiency). Reports completed prior to the CIGIE use the PCIE & ECIE acronyms in their titles.
The CIGIE Technology Committee mission is to facilitate effective information technology (IT) and other technology-related audits, evaluations, and investigations by Inspectors General, and to share best practices and coordinate efforts related to oversight and use of technology by Offices of Inspector General.
- Promote participation by Office of Inspector General (OIG) community members from offices of all sizes in Technology Committee activities.
- Encourage communication and cooperation with colleagues in the technology field (including OIG and agency Chief Information Officers and staff and IT security professionals).
- Promote effective teamwork in addressing Governmentwide initiatives, improving OIG IT and other technology activities, and safeguarding national technology assets and infrastructure.
- Coordinate technology-related activities of the CIGIE.
- Conduct relevant technology educational and training activities. Advise the CIGIE on IT and other technology issues.
- Provide for information exchange among the OIG's, including best practices and current capabilities for oversight and use of technology.