Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity & Efficiency Technology Committee
Tammy Whitcomb Hull,
United States Postal Service; Committee Chair
Robert P. Storch
National Security Agency/CSS; Vice Chair
Note: Prior to the establishment of the CIGIE, this committee operated under the auspices of the "PCIE" (President's Council on Integrity & Efficiency) and the "ECIE" (Executive Council on Integrity & Efficiency). Reports completed prior to the CIGIE use the PCIE & ECIE acronyms in their titles.
The CIGIE Technology Committee mission is to facilitate effective information technology (IT) audits, evaluations, and investigations by Inspectors General, and to provide a vehicle for the expression of the IG community's perspective on Governmentwide IT operations.
- Promote participation by Office of Inspector General (OIG) community members in Technology Committee activities.
- Encourage communication and cooperation with colleagues in the IT field (including the Federal Chief Information Officers and staff, security professionals).
- Promote effective teamwork in addressing Governmentwide initiatives, improving OIG IT activities, and safeguarding national IT assets and infrastructure.
- Coordinate IT-related activities of the CIGIE.
- Conduct relevant IT educational and training activities. Advise the CIGIE on IT issues.
- Provide for IT information exchange among the OIG's, including best practices and current capabilities.
- Quality Standards for Digital Forensics (2012)
- Quality Standards for Digital Forensics (2019)
- Appendix C-2: Assessment of Compliance with CIGIE Quality Standards for Digital Forensics (2019)